Friday 28 October 2016

Blog 3000

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION: How have you seen or experienced God working in your ministry areas during a retreat weekend?

            This last weekend (Oct22-24) I was given the opportunity to act as a cabin counsellor for the juniors retreat at Camp Qwanoes. I saw God move in so many ways through the juniors and found him moving in my heart also. I saw kids being impacted to there very core by God. I saw some even come to believe in God as their personal saviours. I saw my own cabin kids grow and learn lots about God through his word during chapel and devotions. I saw them grow personally and I tried my very best to be a positive impact in their lives. It was through this that I grew to know my campers and many others.

            It was quite amazing that both my and Evan Klaasen get to lead our group of kids who are all from the area of Warmland Church. This was so great because we both got to know the kids that we see on a weekly basis and we got to see how they interact with each other and their environment. It was such a blessing to be able to teach our campers about the God we love and follow. Getting to know the kids from around Warmland was also great because we were able grow closer with them and encourage them to make it down for Youth nights and church services. It was awesome that God was able to work in the campers lives through me and the other councillors.


            I saw God working in myself during the retreat this last weekend. Some other councillors and friends mentioned to me that I was great with the kids and working at camp with kids again felt great and encouraged me greatly towards my goal and calling of working in children’s or youth ministry in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment